The F9 Portal axles create extreme amounts of ground clearance under
the center of your axle, increasing the clearance by 1/2"+ (13mm). This
provides the equivalent of a tire over 1 inch taller than what is on
your vehicle. The advantage of the Vanquish Currie F9 Portals is the
gear reduction inside the portal (1.67:1) which can be adjusted with
optional gear sets (1.4:1 Overdrive). By adding reduction at the portal,
less torque is transferred through the other upstream components in the
drivetrain. These axles are a direct replacement to any Axial AR44
axle, using all stock links.
These axles come with all parts needed to assemble a full front axle.
- Portal box built into the included knuckle with bolt on high steer arm for double shear mounting
- Gear reduction in the portal of 1.67:1 (18/30), Optional Overdrive
Ratio of 1.4:1 (20/28) recommended for use in front axle only.
- Included Vanquish AR44 machined gear set
- Overall axle reduction of 6.26:1 with stock portal ratio
- 13mm increase in ground clearance
- Specifically design offset C-hubs is machined into the housing for strength, durability, clearance and scale appearance
- Hex to hex width of 7.66 inches, only roughly 5mm wider than a stock AR44 axle with a narrow hex
- Replaceable Chromoly threaded inserts used at knuckle and C-hub to ensure a stripped thread doesn't ruin your investment
- Brass knuckle bushing from the AR60 axles are used in place of SCX10-II sized for more durability.
- Chromoly AR60 size VVD axle shafts come preassembled
- Chromoly stub shafts with 6mm design at the drive pin which tapers down to a 5mm thread for ultimate strength
- Chromoly spool
- Aluminum 12mm hex with set screw
- Compatible with stock SCX10-II Chassis mounted servo or F9 Servo on axle mount
- Uses all SCX10-II linkage
- Adjustable steering stop integrated into knuckle
- Complete Fast Eddy Bearings kit
- Licensed by Currie Enterprises
- Comes with One Piece Bearing Retainers (Patent Pending)
- Double shear shock mounts
- Integrated Panhard mount
- Upper link mounts built into third member
- Increased upper link clearance for more suspension up travel ability
Requires the use of a 375 SLW hub or greater on Vanquish 1.9 wheels,
Incision wheels will require a #4 or greater. Other wheel manufacturers
offsets will vary. Axles must be used in pairs, you cannot run a front
portal axle without a rear and vice versa.